Originally from the Paramount/Odeon cinema, Birmingham. 1937
For almost thirty years it thrilled and entertained audiences in the hands of such organists as Al Bollington, Charles Saxby and Gerald Shaw.
Between 1965 and about 1969/70 the organ lay disused in the theatre until it was bought back into use and concerts were held there right up to 1988 when it was bought by a private cinema owner and installed into the Regal cinema, Oswestry.
After a short and unsuccessful period there it was bought by Blackpool organist Kevin Grunill who, along with a team of helpers, installed it in the Penistone Paramount cinema where it now has a successful home.